Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I listened to X band before they were ever born!"

 

Today, I have a simple question. Why are people so stuck up when it comes to good music? Somehow, someway you are less of a fan if you discovered the musician through a television show rather than a trip to the music store.


 In addition to finding the awesome indie band Massive Attack on True Blood, I've also made some more discoveries. 


Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce

While I admit the song is no masterpiece, it nevertheless stole my  heart when the kids on Glee did a flash mob to the tune in a small town mall to convince Rachel Berry her large Striesand-like nose wouldn't hold her back from stardom. It's a fun, upbeat, nonsensical tune.



Wait by Get Set Go (Performed here by the cast of Grey's Anatomy)

Get Set Go is unique because provides its fans with down to earth and sometimes downright depressing lyrics and sets it to upbeat music. This is not the case for "Wait" however, an honest ballad that premiered on ABC's hit show in one of its earlier seasons. When I first heard the song as a junior at Taylor, I got lucky. After all, its songs like "Die Motherfucker Die" and "I Hate Everyone" that provided me just enough musical fuel to get through my angsty teenage years.


A Movie Script Ending by Death Cab for Cutie

Speaking of honesty, I have a confession to make. I used to watch the O.C. on Fox religiously throughout high school. I'm sure I wasted many hours of my life filling my brain with never-ending, soap opera-like drama, but I guess it was worth it. I found Death Cab

What's a band you've discovered through a T.V. show or movie? Share your story with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Printable Coupons